Monday, March 9, 2009

Broadening The Scope

Thanks to the good fortune of having advice from some industry professionals and with the positive feedback I'm getting for the script I've decided to broaden the scope of the upcoming shoot. All in all I hope to have the first three episodes shot by sometime in the fall. Except for the pilot I plan to work the shoot as a series of vignettes or shorts that, for the most part, can be shot on a weekend, in the evenings or in a timeframe that doesn't over tax peoples schedules or their goodwill. There is another core group of characters to be introduced so casting is still very much up in the air. For the moment I have to suspend the meet and greets I wanted until I have a solid gameplan in place for the project.
With all the footage we'll have in the can I will be able to do what I wanted to do from the start; a feature length which will qualify for more film festivals while still having material for a broadcaster if the series idea finds an interested party. Lots of work ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment