Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Musical Sidebar

To all potential cast and crew. I'll give you all a shiny new looney if you'll go to your nearest iTunes and download a song called "Heartache People" by Big Brother and the Holding Company. This song, I feel, truly captures the spirit of what "Nighthawks" is about. I'm presently in discussions with the rights holder for the song to be used in the project. Unfortunately the writer and performer, Nick Gravenites, is recovering from surgery at the moment. Let's all wish him a speedy recovery.  A Blues Hall of Fame inductee Nick can be seen on YouTube still cranking out great blues riffs and bellowing out the lyrics with his gravel on gravel voice.
With "Nighthawks" I plan to use music much in the way "The Sopranos" did. The trick is to find obscure masterpieces that work for the project. I've got a small but growing list already. It's so eclectic and strange that if it were turned into a soundtrack album I would expect to see a lot of 'WTF's in user comments. Many of the songs perfectly match some of the stories in development while some are just for the fun of it. Stay tuned. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment